Trading indicators are mathematical calculations, which are plotted as lines on a price chart and can help traders identify certain signals and trends within the market.
Watch the installation video below to see how you need to install an Indicator.
How to install an indicator in your MetaTrader 4 platform.
- Download an Indicator. Don’t forget the location of where you saved it.
- Select and copy the Indicator you wish to install.
- Open MetaTrader 4.
- Click on file in the top right corner of MetaTrader 4.
- Click on Open Data Folder
- Open the MQL4 folder
- Open the Indicators folder
- Paste the file (Indicator) into the Indicators folder
How to activate the indicator on your MT4 platform.
- Look for the Indicators section under the Navigator panel at the left side of the MT4 platform. Click on the + and the indicator should be listed there.
- Click on the indicator you want to install and drag it onto one of the charts on your platform.
- A pop-up box will appear showing the settings of your indicator, make sure that the settings are correct and click OK.